- What better way to welcome the new season in (opens in a new tab) than through the tales of the New York Times’ bestselling author Dorothea Benton Frank? With the Lowcountry at the heart of each novel, her words create the same cadence and wonder as the places that inspired her stories.
Experience the wild beauty, laid-back atmosphere, and unforgettable characters of the Lowcountry, and the emotional honesty that has garnered Dorothea Benton Frank’s fiction national attention. Here’s a sneak peak at some of our favorites—be sure to snag a copy for yourself!
- (opens in a new tab): The much-anticipated sequel to Plantation follows Caroline Wimbley Levine as she returns to Tall Pines Plantation. After the death of her late mother, the Queen of Tall Pines, Caroline and the rest of the family are uncertain of who will take her place. Along the banks of the majestic Edisto River, new betrayals and secrets unfold, and a new generation takes the reins.
- (opens in a new tab): Folly Beach is the shore of Cate Cooper’s childhood, and the place where her past still roams. After her husband’s death leaves her homeless and penniless, she returns to Folly Beach with the hope of building a new life from her old stomping grounds and becoming the women she was destined to be.
- (opens in a new tab): Born and raised on Sullivan's Island, Susan Hayes’ brand of Southern sass has always helped her navigate troubled times. When faced with an unfaithful husband, a resentful teenage daughter, and painful memories, Susan finds she must seek her future by revisiting her past.
- (opens in a new tab): Meet Linda Breland, a single mother of two teenage daughters, who hopes to find a sweeter life in Mount Pleasant. There, she meets Brad Jackson, and soon, she is running his restaurant on Shem Creek. Taking on her responsibilities as a manager and single mother, Linda’s story is one of determination—and proof that second chances do exist.
Can’t get enough Dorothea Benton Frank? Check out her website for even more Lowcountry reads and the latest on her upcoming books: (opens in a new tab)