- Beans. Snack on legumes like kidney beans and lentils for Rapunzel-like locks. These foods contain growth-boosting proteins that will increase the thickness and length of your hair. Additionally, beans also have iron, zinc, and biotin, which prevent hair breakage.
- Cysteine-infused foods. The amino acid cysteine gives your body a healthy detox, all while promoting hair growth by actually increasing the thickness of each individual strand. This magical nutrient can be found in poultry, eggs, red peppers, garlic, onions, Brussels spouts, oatmeal, and broccoli.
- Nuts. If you’ve been toiling with way to decrease hair shedding, look no further. Nuts—such as Brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans, and almonds—are one of the best sources of selenium and have minerals that keep your scalp and hair healthy. Additionally, they all have zinc, which can help prevent hair shedding.
- Whole grains. This healthy diet staple is good for both your hair and your overall health. Not to mention, whole grains are an ample source of zinc and iron. Whole wheat breads and fortified cereals also sources of B vitamins, which promote happy strands by boosting your red blood cell count. Red blood cells will carry oxygen to the living portion of hair strands and therefore increase your hair’s growth rate.
- Silica-rich foods. For stronger, more durable hair, include foods rich in silica into your diet. Some healthy choices include bananas, oats, and raisins—and when you mix all these together, you have a nutritious, beauty-fortified breakfast!
Do you have more healthy hair tips you’d like to share? Tell us your best-kept beauty secrets in the comments section below!