flowerThis week, James E. Craigie, MD, of The Center for Natural Breast Reconstruction answers your question. Question: Can you recommend a plastic surgeon who can perform microsurgery with the DIEP Flap in Midlothian or Richmond, Virginia? Someone Board Certified to do reconstruction? Answer: Thanks for your question. I’m sorry but I do not personally know of anyone in your area. There was a practice in Virginia Beach that performed those procedures but that was a few years ago. The best resource would be plasticsurgery.org. The American Society of plastic surgeons has a locate a plastic surgeon tool on their website that may help.

Have a question about breast reconstruction or post-surgical you'd like answered from our surgical team? Just ask!