Are you feeling lethargic and fatigued before it’s even lunch time? Do you notice yourself daydreaming more and more about a mid-afternoon nap? If you’re searching for ways to feel more energized throughout the day, look no further than these 8 tips. In no time, you’ll be amazed at how bright-eyed you feel!
- Embrace the midday yawns: Turns out, is your body’s way of cooling down the brain, which helps wake it up. So enjoy your workday yawns, and recharge your brain naturally!
- Take a 10-minute walk:You’ll feel revved up a whole two hours afterward, and it’s good for your heart.
- Have a good laugh: Laughing raises your blood pressure and boosts your heart rate, too, which can pump you up when you’re feeling lackluster.
- Start seeing red: According to research from the University of Rochester, spotting the color red makes your muscles move faster and work harder, giving you a burst of energy when you need it most. Keep crimson flowers in your sight line to pep up a jam-packed day.
- Sprinkle on the energy: Forget the espresso shots that can make you crash after a few hours.Instead, get your energy from chia seeds. They’re packed with a revitalizing combo of B vitamins, fiber, and protein, so they pick you naturally. Simply stir them into your morning bowl of oatmeal and enjoy!
- Take time for an invigorating stretch:Stretching warms up your muscles and gets your blood moving, both of which will make you feel more alert. Raise your arms above your head, and then touch your toes. Stand up, and spread your arms out, pushing your chest forward. Hold each pose for 30 seconds.
- Hit the gym: Before you head to work in the morning, consider carving out a little time to get in some exercise. Most women feel energized the rest of the day after a .
- Eat nutritious food: Load up on healthy foods throughout the day—especially foods containing , which improve mood and brain function. Try incorporating a little more salmon or avocados into your diet, and start reaping the benefits of in your workday.
What are some ways you fight fatigue during the day?